2019 The KPMG Inspiring Teacher Award in a First Year Undergraduate Program - nomination (Watson, K)
The award celebrates teachers who create rich learning environments and provide a consistently excellent educational experience for students. All 2019 UNSW students enrolled in a first year undergraduate program were invited to nominate and vote to determine the recipient of the award.
2019 UNSW President's Award - nomination for 'Driving Innovation' (Watson, K)
The President's Award is a peer nominated award for staff to recognise and celebrate those who light up UNSW by actively demonstrating the UNSW 'Values in Action'. Nominees are recognised not only for what they do but how they approach their work; and their ability to energise colleagues and be supportive.
2018 Senior Fellow Higher Education Academy UK (now Advance HE) (Watson, K)
Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA) constitutes internationally accredited and quality-assured professional recognition that I have successfully evidenced "a thorough understanding of effective approaches to teaching and learning support as a key contribution to high quality student learning", including successful peer engagement, influence and leadership.
2017 UNSW Scientia Education Academy Fellow (Watson, K)
Appointed as one of 35 members of the UNSW Scientia Education Academy. The Academy comprises outstanding UNSW educators who have achieved recognition at the University, national or international level through significant learning and teaching activities, grants, awards, fellowships, major national or international projects or professional society recognition.
2015 International Wharton-QS Stars Reimagine Education Awards: 3 Awards for The Learning to Teach Online Programs (McIntyre, S. Watson, K. & Mirriahi, N.)
- Regional Oceania (2nd place):
- Arts And Humanities (2nd Place)
- Nurturing Employability (Joint 3rd)
- The Wharton-QS Stars Awards are a global competition awarding the best educational innovations worldwide. 22 awards were issued in 2015, judged by a panel of 40 international experts. 520 universities and enterprises from 50 countries entered the competition.
2015 ACPI: The E-Learning Excellence Award - The Learning to Teach Online Programs (McIntyre, S. Watson, K. & Mirriahi, N.)
- Finalist: The e-Learning Excellence Awards highlight best examples of e-Learning use through case histories provided by academics, teachers, business professionals or students
2012 MERLOT Award for Exemplary Online Learning Resources – MERLOT Classics (USA) Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Teaching (McIntyre, S., & Watson, K.)
2011 ASCILITE Innovation and Excellence Award. Australian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (McIntyre, S., & Watson, K.)
2010 DEAN'S AWARD For Outstanding Teaching Innovations - COFA (Watson, K)
- 'For Outstanding Teaching Innovations '
2008 Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) Citation (Corkery, L. Quinlan, A. Roche, B and Watson, K)
- Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning 'For commitment to a service-oriented approach to collaborative built environment design learning that connects community, students and university in mutually beneficial relationships.'